Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Host of Wait Times & Delayed Care

Ian Furst

I am an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in Ontario, Canada. I completed my DDS, Master's and surgical training at the University of Toronto. I've done research on the accuracy of CT scans as a measurement and diagnostic tool in facial trauma and deep neck infections (my publications can be found at Pubmed) and I volunteer as an editorial consultant to the Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. I've previously worked with the Canadian Coast Guard, as a CPR instructor and shined shoes in a locker room. The most fun I've ever had (working) was organizing the medical tent for Toronto Caribana Parade. In 2006 I wanted to put something back into society and decided to try and decrease health care wait times in our community. This blog is part of that effort to put the information and tools into the hands of the clinic staff that can use it. I have a public email at ian_furst (at] yahoo dot. com

DISCLAIMER: Any cases presented or examples given are completely fictitious or are compellations of many situations I’ve been in. They come from my imagination and in no way depict any real patient or person I’ve ever met. All opinions are my own and not the opinion of any of my coworkers or people that I work with.

No comments: