Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ode to Efficiency in Healthcare

Today I will remember…..

-I will be loyal to my values. Pro utilitate hominum
-That efficiency is for the service of patients, not my ego.
-Every time I change the process I add confusion to the system.
-To choose education over anger
-The people I work with are there to serve the patients, not the system.
-It is more efficient to be kind and consistent than fast and thoughtless.
-That no matter how much inefficiency I find, people still give 110%
-By definition, continuous improvement means constantly finding errors
-That efficiencies at the expense of quality is not sustainable
-Disconnecting the desire to be efficient and the desire to treat disease is dangerous
-Sometimes the wrong decision is better than no decision at all

“To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.” Douglas Adams

No comments: